Friday, April 20, 2012

delaney is one!

My has the time flown by!?  Delaney Grace Kirkpatrick is officially 1!  I can't believe it!  Nathan and I have had fun reminicing the day that Delaney was born!  We were so ready for her to come!  We tried every trick in the book to speed things up but she had a mind of her own...not much has changed ;)  What a special day that was meeting our beautiful daughter for the first time!  She has changed our lives forever and we feel so incredibly blessed!

Delaney was able to spend her birthday with our dear friends Jenna, Loren and Hadley!  We spent a beautiful day at the zoo together!  Delaney loves animals and enjoys pointing at them and making growling sounds!  It is so fun to see her growing up and really interacting with the world around her!  Later that evening we had a small birthday celebration with a few friends.  She loved eating pizza, opening her presents and playing with the fun paper!  She was not too interested in her cupcake.  She looked at it like, "what in the world am I supposed to do with that?"













We were able to spend the following week in Iowa with the family!  It is always so great to be together!  Lily, Delaney, Bailey and I shared a special 1st, 4th, 30th and 29th birthday party together!  I made the girls matching outfits and they looked darling together! Delaney loved seeing all of her family!  She loves showing that she is one by holding up her pointer finger!  And this time she did eat her cupcake!! I am bummed that I don't have more pictures to show right now but I will add more later!  Another highlight of the week was riding bikes as a family!!  Delaney loved it!








  

No comments:

Post a Comment